Friday 30 August 2013

Kroot 'counts as' Dark Eldar army

I have always wanted to start a dark eldar army. But, while the models are nice, they are all too fragile and spiky for my taste. Eventually i came up with the idea of using kroot as DE. Look at this:

How Dark Eldar match to Kroot:
  • Combat drugs - Evalutionary adaptations
  • Power from pain - Eating their foes when they kill them
  • Low armour value - Low armour value
  • Poisoned weapons - They live in forests full of poisonous things
The list goes on. I intend to use this list as fluffy as possible (as my Tau are far too powerful for my taste until my friends group get some updated dexes) so no flyers. This is my thoughts for a list:

Duke Sliscus (His 2 rolls represent him better guiding kroot to eat better things to evolve better) - Master shaper OR Angh'hor Prok

x2:
x10 wyches (kroot carnivores)
haywire grenades - Technology they've stolen (hey, i need some good stuff)
Hekatrix (shaper)
venom blade
phantasm grenade launcher - Technology they've stolen (hey, i need some good stuff)

x9 wyches

haywire grenades - Technology they've stolen (hey, i need some good stuff)
Hekatrix (shaper)
venom blade
phantasm grenade launcher - Technology they've stolen (hey, i need some good stuff)

x3:
raiders (jabba da hutt style skiff, so raider model but with no spikes or nasty things)
night shield - Technology they've stolen (hey, i need some good stuff)

x3:
x5 wyches
haywire grenades - Technology they've stolen (hey, i need some good stuff)

x3:
venom (krootify them)
night shields - Technology they've stolen (hey, i need some good stuff)
splinter cannon

x3:
ravagers
one has dark lances, 2 have disintergrator cannons

1503

Almost everything charges forward first turn in hope of overwhelming the enemy.
I can deal with tanks
I can deal with terminators
I can deal with MC's
And its bloody good in combat
I think its fluffy, do you?

Thoughts?

Until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment