Monday 26 August 2013

Farsight 1500 point army list

As you probably wont know collect tau. I have around 3500 points of them, and have a dream of one day reaching 10000 points like my (younger!) brother has 10000 points of space wolves and orks! The reason i dont have a huge army is i like to constantly change my armies. I played blood angels twice and sold them both times (just didnt like them) and tau in between those 2 times. Thankfully i didn't sell my tau, and it has grown into a nice collection. As always i wanted to get a new army, so i thought, how about a Farsight enclaves army? It would play different, but link onto my tau army and allow my collection to grow. So thats what im going to do. Heres a list i came up with:

Farsight

x3:
x3 battlesuits
2 have x2 burst cannons
one of the 2 has drone controller
one has vectored retro thrusters (a 5 point upgrade to give the unit hit and run?, why not!)
shas'vre
x2 plasma rifles
advanced targeting systems (5+ precision shots to snipe special weapons and squad leaders)
x6 gun drones
bonding knifes

x3 battlesuits
x2 fusion blasters
x2 target locks
x3 shield drones

riptide
ionaccelarator
early waring overide
earth caste piloting array

x3 broadsides
high yield missile pods
bonding knifes

1499

Farsight goes with the sunburst suits, deep strikes them safely, kills tanks, runs away. Land raiders sorted.

I am pretty pleased with my basic suit configuration (an adaptation of the blinding spear, usually TL burst cannon and plasma rifle) as it has low AP and lots of high strength shots to wipe out hordes or overwhelm terminators.

Thoughts on the list?

Until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment