Sunday 20 October 2013

Nurgle chaos lord loadout

In my last post i showed my list that i was thinking of for Death guard. It has changed some and will change some more so i wont share the final product till i have tested it (will take a while).

Anyway, my lord loadout has changed. I dont think the MURDER sword is really that good as the chaos lord isn't that quick on foot, so it would be a waste of 35 points. I want my lord to have a scythe as it is a signiture weapon of the death guard. I am counting scythes as power axes as they are used in similar ways. Anyway this is the loadout i was thinking of:

Lord
Mark of nurgle
palaquin of nurgle
power axe
sigil of corruption
vets of the long war
gift of mutation
175

While the power axe may waste his high I, he does pack a punch with his axe, and with T5 and W5 he can take the hits. Gift of mutation i have never used but people say its useful (as most of the time it helps him in combat).

I was tempted by terminator armour but i worked out that a palaquin lord can take 15 armour saves before dieing on average, while the terminator lord can take 18; and the lord can take 10 invuns and the terminator can take around 5. This means that the palaquin can take more hits on average.

I think 175 points is an ok cost for a HQ, as on the charge he has 6 S5 AP2 attacks. Not bad.

I will be converting my lord soon so stay tuned.

Until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment